Some may say that you need to be born a leader, others that there are a set of skills that you can work on and develop in order to become one.
There are many skills that come up surrounding leadership. The leader:
• Values people and takes care of them
• Is able to communicate clearly
• Makes decisions and can enforce them
• Delegates the responsibilities
• Holds realistic and without a bias view of situations
• Is flexible and ready to change
• Honors his values and acts within them
If on top of that the leader has and intuition and vision, then you might think that they are on straight way to success.
However, having all these attributes will not help if you think you are the one who knows everything best.
Please visit International Coach Federation blog where my article was originally published to learn more.